Thread: hi everyone!
View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 16:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184.8/152/128 Female 169cm
BF:
Progress: 58%

Hey loz, it seems to me that you are doing everything in your power to ensure that what you are doing is not going to harm you. I think that it is really positive that you have consulted your doctor, and considering he has given you the all clear I don't see that you would have a problem. it seems to me that you are being realistic about your weight loss, and are willing to stop if it affects you in an adverse manner. In reality only you can decided how skinny or how large you decide to become (within reasonable limits offcourse) and providing that you are wanting to lose weight for reasons that involve you and not someone else’s ideal, then I say go for it and good luck to you. If being a size 10 is important to you then do it, I would be offering you very different advice if you we trying to get down to some crazy size like 4 or a 6.

Back to your question about what to eat at uni, I find I have to be extremely organised the week before. (This is my second time on Atkins, last time I was going really well until I became disorganised and began to cheat, after 10wks). This week I organised some individual bacon and spinach frittatas, which can be eaten cold or warm with a side salad, chicken breast and mixed lettuce salad with mayo and dressing, sometimes I have ham with salad. Pretty much I have just been rotating each day and then at night time I have a chance to make myself something a little more interesting. As you know there are limitations to what you can carry with you all day and then eat a lunch without it seeming too strange.

I haven’t told my friends either, because this is something I want to do for myself without having to answer all the questions, so the lunches I take are not overly different from that you could by from uni, e.g. chicken and salad.

I know exactly what you mean about not having breaks in which you can make sure that you are eating every 6 hours. I try to have a substantial breakfast before I leave for uni, and this usually ensures that I’m not starving by mid morning. I also have those mini prepacked cheese portions (20g each) and those Bega stringers (20g also) which are easy to eat whilst running between back to back classes and make sure you can make it until you can finally sit down and have something to eat.

Well I’m off to uni now, hope some of what I have written is helpful. Speak to you soon.

P.S. Which uni do you go to loz?

Susie