#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 13:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 302.2/302.2/185 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default I need airline travel tips

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be hopping on a plane tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone has any tips about snacks to bring on a flight. I'm still officially within Induction (it'll be day 12) but I know I'm firmly in ketosis and my carb intake has been consistently between 13 - 17. I feel I would be okay to eat some of the "restricted foods" as long as they don't up my carb intake (i.e. bars).

I don't want to give myself an excuse to eat the meal on the flight (it's about a 5.5 hour flight, although with delays on and off the ground you never know how long it can stretch out to), so I know I will want to be eating something. While the food is never great, I've always looked forward to the meal as a break in tedium. (Although, I'm travelling with two other people, and I've already warned them I'm confiscating their cheese slices hehehe).

I am considering going out and purchasing a bar to take along as a real treat if I'm tempted during meal time. Any other (preferably Induction friendly) recommendations? I don't really believe I'll be truly "hungry"... I think it's more likely that I'll feel left out when everyone else is eating, as well as the boredom factor while sitting in one chair for that period of time.

One other quick question - am I better to take a meal to see what might be edible on it, or to say no thanks and stick to my packed lunch?

Thanks!
Wynter
Sponsored Links