View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 13:24

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

Of the three programs, the only one I think may work is the one for the Indian tribes, it's the closest to low-carb, natural eating -- and yes, wild rice does grow in Michigan and is lower carb than brown rice (1 cup cooked: wild rice: 35 grams/3.0 fibre, brown rice: 44.8 grams/3.5 fibre).

And the insurance companies already have lower rates for thin people. I know, when I was a small business owner, I couldn't even get insurance because of my weight and the one company that gave me a rate was so prohibitively high it was impossible for me to afford.

And I wish they'd stop blaming weight gain for health problems. It's just a concurrent symptom of eating an overly carb-rich diet. If it were the cause of all these health problems, then you couldn't be fat and healthy at the same time. And with low-carbing, that's where I am now -- fat and healthy.

I think the thing that's got me most riled up on this is that they are getting closer and closer to legislating what you can eat and they are going in the flat out wrong direction -- orange juice healthier than soda? Give me a break. They are both pure sugar.

End of tirade...