#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 11:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins-Modified (TKD)
Stats: 263/245/210 Male 75 inches
BF:31%/25%/10%
Progress: 34%
Default Newbie LC and weight-lifting question

I am on Atkin's Induction right now, and have been on it for about 11 days. the results are great and a feel great. I am full of energy and feel motivated to be active again. I have been riding my bicycle for the last week and feel great. It's a nice feeling to want to be active again.

My question is regarding wieght lifting. I used to weight life a lot back when I was younger and active. I am planning to start doing so again. I am concerned that I will have problems achieving muscle increase while on the induction phase of the Atkin's diet. Should I wait to start lifting until I move on to OWL or Pre-Maint levels of carbs, or will I be ok. I do intend to put on some muscle mass rather then just toning, which I why I am concerned. I plan to stay on the Induction phase for at least another 2 weeks, since I do have a lot of pure body fat to lose. At that point I will be moving to OWL levels of eating.

Any advice would be vastly appreciated. I have done a lot of reading on LC eating, and my big concern is the muscle loss issues some people have reported on.
Sponsored Links