View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 10:44

Plan: Atkins-Maintenance
Stats: 122/109/110 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 108%

This was a question I was also wanting to ask. For a while I've stayed on less than 25 net carbs, longer than I needed to since I normally stay on the same menu for months.

Over the past weekend, I ate foods that I didn't eat in a LONG time (good foods though! just higer carbs). My net carb was > 30g, total carb was like 60's I think!! I noticed that staying higher carbs gave me much more energy and MUCH better 'movement'! lol
And, I also lost weight. Actually met my goal, although I'm still fluctuating up & down.

Nat, I see what you mean by how each person needs an individual plan. But seeing that you've had success w/ higher carbs, I want start doing that as well. But I'm so terrified of gaining the weight back. I feel that maintenance will be much harder than losing weight part.
How long have you maintained your goal?
I'm bit too thin now, but I don't want to gain weight back. Don't want to go thru the yo-yo cycle EVER again.

Any tips? Do u have any suggestions for books that focus heavily on maintenance? I find your posts incredibly helpful btw. Tons of information

Hugs,
Rose