Plan: None
Stats: 145/145/200 Male 6'4"
BF:
Progress:

Thanks for your response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud
Hi there Pathfinder,

Well, as this is a low carb support board, I'm afraid you're going to receive some low carbing advice.

For a start, if you ditch the starches, you may well find yourself being a lot less "blocked up." How much fibre do you get? Have you ever tried a fibre supplement such as psyllium? If you have several cups of high fibre vegies daily, along with a tablespoon of psyllium husks in water, AND drink at least 2 litres/64 ounces of water daily, I bet your constipation will improve.
Rosebud

Trust me... after five years of this, I've tried everything. I've been on the high fibre regimen. I drink more water than anyone I know. I regularly munch on FIBRE ONE as a snack (and it does help). But my problem is not related to a lack of fibre... it's a damaged nerve situation.

Recognizing this is a low-carb forum, I entered my question here because I found a thread here discussing different laxatives, including epsom salts, but then lost the thread. So I decided to post this.

I am hoping to find someone who knows a bit about eposom salts. I regret losing the location of that thread, because there were some knowlegable people there. However, maybe this thread will produce the info I need.

BTW-- I've tried low-carbing. In my specific case, I can't get enough calories that way to keep me going. I have a very high metabolism and that, along with my digestive problem, requires that I eat high calories, high fat content, high glucose (sucrose? dextrose? Sugar). Just the oposite of normal folks. Dirty job, but someone's got to do it.