#18   ^
Old Sun, Aug-19-01, 07:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Default My 2penny worth

Hi every1

I've finally got round to reading this thread from the beginning. Like Fay I decided I'd put my two cents worth in. It is a subject very close to my heart - in fact so close that I sometimes shut myself off from it.

{Doreen: I think the most perfect meal is ANYTHING prepared by someone ELSE. (And someone else washes the dishes too!) } LOL Do. I used to think that until I took control of my own life and decided what I put in my body had to be prepared and cooked by me so I could be sure I was not being manipulated by the Food Industry, Cheaper cuts etc. Totally agree about the "someone else washing up!"

{Doreen: Have you tried green tea? } I have. I drink at least one or two pots a day. It's great. Worth giving it a go. Unlike Caffiene gets rid of toxins instead of building them up

{Doreen: ... doctors ... miracle ... "No, it was hard work, and I did it myself". } Oh yes Doreen I totally agree with that. It is such a long story I won't go into it but I "hid" from doctors for many many years because I just KNEW (in my heart) that what they were telling me was b**ls*** and would not make me feel better. It did make me feel very isolated and hopeless and took me longer to figure out what was right and have the courage and confidence to persuade the doctors to help me do it MY way. They will listen to you if you are strong and listen to your own body. If they don't then do what I did - go with your gut feeling; listen to your heart, your instinct.

{Kkhlavinka: I have read that some people have a problem with depression on this diet. } For me this diet has been the BEST anti-depressant I have taken. For five years of my life I had every type of cure pumped into me for depression. I only got worse and finally decided NO MORE. Whatever happened I was NOT going to take another anti-depressant. It was hard because I still suffered from (very deep) depression from time to time but didn't dare tell anyone. Since I started this diet my depression is practically non-existent.

{fay: Virtually all other doctors I've dealt with (due to moving had other doctors too) have tried to tell me it is depression, anxiety, etc. Well, it isn't. } Exactly. Because doctors have gone through years of study and learning it is easy to put them on a pedestal. I learned that I knew better what was happening even if I didn't have the medical lingo and understanding that the doctors had. Also that BECAUSE of their training doctors can sometimes be very close-minded and rigid in their approach - not their fault: they spend years training to do just that.

My advice Claudio is to take control of your own life and your own body, take tiny little steps every day and do whatever it takes to make you feel better for that day. Eventually you will figure it out. I had to begin to love myself enough to be committed to my own wellbeing. NO-ONE else can do it for me however much they would like to.

Anyway that's my contribution to this thread. Hope it helps.
Take care
Love, Light, Healing, Peace, Energy, Vitality and Laughter.