View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 20:22

Plan: Custom/Modified plan...25-40 carbs per day - it's working!!
Stats: // Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Oh don't worry, that's not raining.

I do count the carbs from coffee, though i'm in an interesting situation: all my food comes from my college's dining hall. It's very hard to know what's in things, what sized portions I'm getting, etc. As a result I dont "count" every carb, but to allow for hidden sugar/flour/carbs in the food they serve, I try to keep everything I eat close to induction levels. I figure I'm getting about 20 hidden carbs a day, but I'm pretty sure i'm staying between 35-40. I'm in ketosis most days, so I'm sure it's working. Also my goal is to not obsess over every carb, been doing this for about 3 months and when I could I took the time to learn carb counts of food, and portion sizes so I think i'm LC-Smart enough to make the rough estimates I do. It's workin for me, but other people may need to be stricter. Ketosis is my judge, I'm in it on most days! If I fall off the wagon, I know i'll get back on within 2-3 days. I'm shrinking - slowly but surely, but most importantly, my energy level stays nice and steady, and I feel great. Yay for LCing!