#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 18:47
Registered Member

Plan: A little of everything
Stats: 134/131/126 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Snack ideas for kids who are picky

Hi. I have tried to incorporate healthier lc choices for my childrens meals and snacks and have run out of ideas. They used to snack on crackers (with hydogenated fat), pretzles, popcorn, crackers, sugary yogurt cups, string cheese etc. After school, they have a piece of fruit, string cheese or lunchmeat or a Zone bar (expensive and still kind of sugary). My kids hate nuts although 2 of them will eat peanut butter. So, I am trying to figure out some other alternatives. I am still sending the bad choices with them to school because of convenience. I would like to change this. I do not restrict thier cabs but try to give them better carb choices like oatmeal w/protein instead of the sugary cerals, yogurt smoothies w/added protein powder, fruit in place of chips at lunch and low-carb bread for sandwiches etc. Can anyone give me some economical ideas? We are on a very tight budget. It's become much more expensive to feed us all this way!

p.s. I have tried a few protein bar recipes and have not had success. They taste terrible to me!
Sponsored Links