#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-03-00, 17:02
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi everybody,

I ventured into the new Loblaws monolith, which just opened at a local mall. Apart from the fact that I don't do crowds, I did discover the health food & supplement section carries a reasonable selection of products, including whey and soy protein powders from several manufacturers, as well as organic dairy and eggs. They had 454 gm canisters of the Protein Power mix in Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla for $26.99, just as Lois found it to be in Toronto, so that's probably a set price across the country. The carb count per serving is 2-3, with ~12 -16 servings per can (may depend on flavour??).

I have been buying Interactive Whey protein shake mix found at the Nutrition House/Nutrition Company. It's $41.99 for a 910 gm canister (twice as much product as PP) and only 2 carb gms and 34 gm protein per 2 scoop serving. It comes in vanilla, dutch chocolate, wildberry, banana, orange-sicle, as well as plain and other flavours too. It is available in smaller sizes and also in a huge 2 KG pail for - oops, I'm not sure the exact price, $75.00 or thereabouts. It's sweetened with sucralose (Splenda) rather than acesulfame K (potassium) as many of the others are. It mixes readily with liquid, unlike the soy shakes which are blechhhy . ... lumpy, icky, pasty, gritty, did I say blechh??

But, the biggest thing is . . . IT'S **CANADIAN** .. . .manufactured by Interactive Nutrition Inc. Ottawa ONT K1V 8B9
http://www.interactivenutrition.com/

Nutrition House is also Canadian.
The national website is
http://www.nutritionhouse.com/default.htm
where you can look up the location of all 68 stores across Canada (they even have a map-locator so they're easy to find)

happy lowcarbing!!
from Doreen,
in Ontario

[Edited by doreen T on 03-11-00 at 22:24]
Sponsored Links