View Single Post
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 10:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/162/112 Female 5'5"
BF:31/26/19
Progress: 31%

Hi Kay

If its any comfort, I spent the first ten days or so a) feeling like death and b) perpetually ravenous. I just went with it and kept eating to be honest... lost half a stone in the process and cleared up five years worth of chronic ME, so I figure I must've been doing something right?!

Have a look in my journal if you want a vinegar free recipe for mayo. It's really tasty and great for upping your fat content.

And I totally second Nat (listen to the lady... oh boy does she give good advice!) about the fats. I was working off an old Atkins book (pre cheese and cream limitations) and the only way I got past the starvation stage was by having way over his recommended limits. Butter was, and still is, a bit player too...

Don't forget you're very likely suffering from major carbohydrate withdrawal symptoms. And one of those symptoms is your body believing it is still hungry because its used to sugar being the answer to a hunger call.

It will pass... promise!

Up the fat however you can though. That's such a big key in the hunger department.

I also aim for a minimum of three litres of water a day which seems to help matters too.