View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 04:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 305/260/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 36%
Default Those Cheat Free Numbers

I posted a thread a few days ago looking for a substitute for Birthday cake for my husband. I had full intentions of making a cheesecake, but unfortunately I got my daughter's cold, and wasn't up to snuff, nor up to making the cheesecake.

My husband decided that he liked the idea of having cheesecake - and we had to get something for everyone else to eat for dessert, so he picked up a cheesecake at the bakery and we brought it to my parent's house yesterday for the party.

Now I'll be totally honest, I figured what the heck - I can have one ity bity slice and it won't really hurt me. After a lovely dinner of steak and asparagus, we all sat around the table, sang happy Birthday and everyone was given a slice, including me.

I sat there staring at the cheesecake and the only thing that kept going through my mind was "Put the Fork Down And Step AWAY From The Cheesecake!" (a phrase I saw someone on the board write at one time). Then I realized I would have to start all over again with my cheat free days - something which I am VERY proud of --- so I did exactly what that voice in my head demanded........I put my fork down and stepped away from the cheesecake! I DID IT! I survived the siren song of cake (my only weakness) and survived without a taste in my mouth!!!!

Whoever came up with those cheat free numbers - THANK YOU!!!!! You saved me from myself, when I thought for sure, I was a goner!

~Jaya
Sponsored Links