View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 03:48

Plan: CALP to goal/now my plan
Stats: 188/160/155 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 85%

Larry--I agree. I had been CAD-ing for a while before I bought the CALP book. I think it's a good one to read--and it helped me a lot--but it mainly taught me more about my reward meals. There are a few changes to cms (allowed veggies), and some changes in sauces (for instance teriyaki was allowed before--now it's not recommended)...
The thing that reading the newer CALP book helped me with, mainly, was balancing the rm. Just like we talked about before--if you start with your mandatory salad, then progress through the 1/3's--your total high carb intake will be LOTS smaller than the original CAD book led us to believe. I measure my high carb foods at rms in bites or half cups (not that I really "measure", but you get the idea)... Depending on how hard it is for you to lose weight, you can keep tweaking those carbey food amounts to help you with your weight loss. Pretty much the same as switching plans (A,B,C, etc) on CAD, you just tweak the rm by adding lc veggies and protein, or eliminating some of the high carb stuff. You certainly could benefit from reading the book, but IMO, those are pretty much the main differences. Also there is a chapter on options, which might be helpful to you. There are several suggestions for things to do that can be helpful to some in speeding their slow loss. For example, adding GTF chromium, eliminating caffeine, adding exercise, etc. etc.
Hope this makes some sense to you--seems longer than I intended-- All the best--hope that you are doing well....