View Single Post
  #69   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-03, 23:10

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hi Friends,
Maureen, I commend you for the attitude you are carrying. I realize you don't want to make a big fuss, so we won't fuss over you. And you can see how we do admire a mom who has challenges and still lives her life to the fullest for both she and her family. Your daughter must be so proud!

Skedon: Keep up your commitment. It always isn't easy but what an appreciation we gain for life! We have had many foster kids in our home, through a non-profit that sends over medically fragile kids form 3rd world countries, and then repairs them and sends them back whole again. We've had Ethiopia, Honduras, S Korea, Belarus, Moscow, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, The Gambia, plus enough exchange students to count to 20. Each has been a blessing in so many ways! We also fostered a crack baby, receiving her when she was only 1 day old. I do not know what it's like to wait for the adoption process, but I do know what it's like to open your heart and become vulnerable. That child needs you, and you need that child. I pray it will work out for you.

How is everyone? Please let's remember to post our new weights on Monday if possible ok? even if it's gained (like I think I may have done), or stayed, let's do it! I think in OCtober my challenge will be to measure inches each week and weight.
Ok, the computer is off now at Annie's house until Weds. We're getting new flooring installed and the room has to be emptied.
WIll check in later this week, and please you all keep your chins up! Reach out and touch a life this week for someone who needs an extra smile, for someone that most people might not take the time to give a second look to. What you do could make all the difference in their lives.
Hugs, Annie-Pie