View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-03, 21:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 239/208/135 Female 5 ft 2 in
BF:don't go there!!!
Progress: 30%
Default Sugar alcohols are the DEVIL!!!

I have FINALLY learned my lesson on the sugar alcohols having awful side effects.
I usually do pretty good if it has a little sugar alcohol on it but I recently bought some Sugar free JElly Bellies and sugar free chocolates from an online company because I love JElly Bellies and did not realize they had sugar free ones.
They have 36 g of carbs and 32 sugar alcohols in them so basically 4 g for 36 jelly bellies -not bad BUT..............................

I have had the most awful case of diarrhea I have ever had in my life-honestly and sorry to get so personal but people that don't know really need to know-It has been violent diarrhea -pure water coming out. I have had to drink ALOT more water to keep from getting dehydrated. and that is from only eating like may 5 or 10 of them .

Then a few weeks ago I bought Blue Bunny no sugar added ice cream-Double Strawberry swirl-YUM YUM--no problems eating it

After I finished that I decided to try the Blue Bunny Mint Decadence in No sugar added and after eating about 1/2 cup serving I got diarrhea really bad again and thought "What the heck is going on?"
It had the warning on the side that this product may have a laxative effect on it-BOY OF BOY DID IT EVER. Must have been the chocolate in it.

I have wasted at least $40 between the chocolates,Jelly Bellies and ice cream and am throwing it all away because of the HORRIBLE side effects .

The only good thing that came out of it was that I lost 5 lbs in 2 days due to diarrhea but I don't want to lose that way

Anyway-JUST A WARNING TO ALL about sugar alcohols-They are the
Sponsored Links