View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-03, 20:04
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

First of all cut out the Atkins bars, they can stall some people. I would also reduce the amount of cream you're having. Check your mayo and be sure it doesn't have sugar as an ingredient or contain carbs. Homade mayo is fun to experiment with and only requires a blender.

68% fat is a good percentage, most try to get between 65-70% on induciton. It's good you are having a snack. What you might try is eating 6 smaller meals a day instead of 3 larger ones. That really helps me.

Your percentages look good, but how many calories are you having? Nothing stalls me faster then getting my calories to low. It's easy to do on high fat because you feel full much sooner.

You also only have 33 pounds to lose. While it may seem like a lot to you, it isn't that much and means things will go slower. During induciton you can expect to lose 10% of the weight you need to, and 5% every month after, so 3 pounds would be an average induction loss.

You might want to explore different veggies as well. Darker lettuces have ahigher nutricional content then iceburg, and I think taste a ton better. Spinich added to an omlette tastes great and gives you a good dose of potassium and iron.

Are you taking proper suppliments btw? A good multivitamin is a start. Many on LC need potassium/calcium and magnesium as well.
With the tuna you may want to read up on mercury poisoning, esp if you are having quite a few cans a week. Last months readers digest had a great article by the doctor who has been working to raise awarness about high murcury levels.