View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-03, 18:01
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

I am sorry to whoever might be offended, but I think the veganism movement is propelled mostly by irrational extremists. Not individual vegans themselves, but as a movement it is mostly founded by people with this militant approach, bent on forcing their speculative morality on others.

First, it is based on outright lies (re: meat causes cancer) or bad science (predominantly meat-eating is the natural diet of homo sapiens, despite endless claims to the contrary from the vegan camp, based on irrelevant dietary evidence from our very early ancestors). Since humans are omnivores with a definite slant towards meat consumption, most totally vegan diets are deficient in many nutrients, especially protein. Protein is easily the most important macronutrient (protein = building blocks). Plus, these people are not only trying to push veganism on adults but also on growing children, in whom nutrient deficiencies are life altering. How anyone can call supporting a lifestyle which is chronically deficient in essential nutrients "responsible medicine", is ludicrous. It is impossible for an entire nation to safely adopt a vegan lifestyle. Because of how unbalanced it is, it requires careful supervision to maintain. Yet they have the nerve to consider themselves practitioners of "responsible medicine".
They have the gall to attack atkins for being unbalanced. What a laugh. Atkins is "unbalanced" for two whole weeks (and during these two weeks still more complete than any unsupplemented vegan diet, might it add), after which point it is more than adequate in regards to vitamin intake.

If an adult chooses they want to become vegan, that is their choice. I don't approve, but they are free to live their life and I have no problem with that. It is force feeding people propaganda and lies in a cowardly (or insane) attempt to scare them into veganism that I have a problem with. I have a problem with this because it is we who ultimately pay the price. I am not going to be obese (or starving) on a diet of almost pure carbohydrate, and am disgusted that they are trying to push people in that direction.