View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-18-01, 15:56

Plan: Atkins(minus fiber)
Stats: 175/160/140
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default i found an inspirational story

I found this inspirational newsletter about taebo AND lowcarbing.

Here's a snapshot of it...Full story is here

One day, about six weeks after I quit intaking sugar, I was eating a bagel at work. A co-worker walked in and asked me what was I doing eating all "those carbs"??? I replied, "huh?" I didn’t understand any significance of carbohydrates. I received a five minute overview of how you should have only "x" amount of carbohydrates a day, and a bagel is loaded with, oh, about 45 grams of it. So, on that day, I started digesting knowledge - knowledge of what in the heck is wrong with carbohydrates. Guess what? I learned that I was a carbohydrate addict. So, the next day, I began eating all those foods you grew up hearing were AWFUL for you. I actually went a step further and did not eat cheeses or dairy products. I limited myself to 15 grams of carbohydrates a day. Boy, the weight just started POURING off me. By the Thanksgiving holidays, I had increased my "TaeBo" to twice a day. It was the first thing I did when I crawled out of bed, and it was the last thing I did before I crawled back into bed. It became a habit, a religion, if you will.