View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-03, 10:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

I guess I just don't get it?? I've done Atkins since Jan, reached my goal,in Aug. and never ever bought any overpriced,overated phoney foods or mixes.

With all the "energy" spent on trying to find that stuff, it would be wisely used in the kitchen, with a few cheap ingredients

The pancakes for one, 17.99 for a small bag not even a pound! It takes me one minute, to mix my own and in the pan! They are nice a fluffy and they taste great. Might cost me 20 cents to make 4-5 4" ones.

As for the bread, I just have'nt bother to make any,but there is tons of recipes for it.
I'm able to enjoy Silver hills, one slice 2-3 times a week with no problem, it has no flour, just grains and cost me 1.59 at the overload store or 3.89 at most grocery stores.

The protien shakes, you can buy Designer Whey most often on sale at London drugs for 14.99, as apposed to Atkins at 28.00 here.

And the huge bar ripe off, and all most people get out of them is a stall?? Yet some are willing to pay for it, LOL

I can't comment to much on the pasta products, other thatof course they are high$$$ and most people have said they are gross.

I guess I don't get it cause, I have been so satisfied just eating real food, but that can sometimes take a little more time, but for me, I'll take that time and keep the cash, LOL

One day I'd like to just take the whole day and play with some recipes, I think it would be pretty easy to master the Tortilla's again with just a few pennies worth of ingredients from the bulk store

Just my 2 pennies worth, Kathy