View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-03, 12:34

Plan: The Obesity Code
Stats: 563/521/199 Male 6'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%

oh and by the way, I should say that I also have something like this going on with my sister. It looks like there is something like this in every family. I am a guy though, so it's not woman vs woman, but my sister is still hurtful. She struggles with her weight. I think she is about 158 or so, not fat, but not skinny. Anyways, she critized atkins OVER AND OVER. She did weight watchers and was successful at it, but she is a fanatic and anything that isn't weight watchers is bad. So for months she said I was killing my body and stuff. Then just this summer she picked up the book and actually read some of it and guess what? She decided she wanted to do it. What a hypocrite. Since then, she has decided not to do it. I think personally she is scared of letting go of her weight watchers "comfort zone". But anyways, even after she read the book she still critizses me. She says that I "don't do the diet properly". I admit, I might not be perfect, but who is??? I know I could eat more vegetables, I know I could drink less diet pop and I know I could get more exercise, but I am improving slowly and it's none of her business.

Ahh felt good to vent that out On a side note, both people I live with are also on a normal diet, so it's very hard for me to keep going. In fact, I have no personal close friends on atkins, i'm all alone. But I know that once I get down to my goal weight and i'm healthy and people see that I lost over 130lbs, well... I think ill have a lot more people around me doing atkins. It's fun being a pioneer