View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-03, 12:25

Plan: The Obesity Code
Stats: 563/521/199 Male 6'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%

It sounds like perhaps a bit of jealousy. I know how you feel though. I just hit my 30lbs lost mark today and up until about a week ago, no one noticed. My really close family said they saw a difference, but I think they just thought they did.. cause people I hadent seen in a while didnt notice. But then I went to my Mom's wedding and got new clothes and had so many compliments, it was great.

Also that thing your mom said about scales with springs being more accurate, technically is true, but barely. I have a medical scale at my house. I paid over $450 CDN for it, because when I started atkins I was 370 and I couldnt find a scale large enough for me. It's a beautiful scale, holds up to 500lbs and is accurate.... but now that im under 350, I can use my roommates scale and there is virtually no difference (hers is a spring scale and it shows about 2lbs more than mine).

Anyways dont listen to her and just keep loosing weight. Ive realized all you need to do is know that you are loosing weight and it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks. Look at me, I am 337 and im still huge. When I meet new people they must think "wow, hes fat"... but little do they know im on the road to success and just 3 short months ago I was A LOT fatter.

Rock on!!!!!!!