View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 23:01

Plan: low cal,less pro. atkins
Stats: 138/130/118 Female 179 centimeters
BF:
Progress: 40%

Sol, I hate scales. They measure your fat, your muscle, your water weight, sometimes your clothes if you have on something heavy.
I wish the only thing we used scales for were to measure meat at the market.
Instead I use a tape measure. If you say your measurements aren;t going down, there are 2 things, and 2 things alone, you can do and you will finally see results. the first thing is, aside from the Low Carb, you should make sure you do not consume over 2000 calories, taking into acount your weight. some people on this board might jump on me for saying that, but unless if you are not pregnant or nursing, then eating say, a good 1700 or 1800 calories is just a good way to reduce your weight.
In addition to that, perhaps you might want to decrease your protein and increase your fat. you can add fat by adding butter and olive oil for now. Those count as calories too. I know atkins doesn;t tell you 'Count Your Calories', but even a nutritionalist from atkins told me the average woman on this diet will consume around 1800 calories to lose weight. I do less because I weight a lot less.
Second, Cardio.
Cardio is more important than weights. When you lift, you can build muscle. If you simply elevate your heart rate, your body will begin to burn fat. I would do not just a little cardio, but as much as you can. See if you can walk briskly for at least an hour per day. It is not possible to do too much walking or cardio activity. the only time you should worry is if you have injured or hurt yourself, or you have breathing problems. If you feel faint or dizzy. Otherwise, the more you walk and jog, the healthier it is for you.
you could lift weights, but I have learnt from a great deal of experience, for a woman especially, get the heart rate up and burn the fat.
maybe look into pilates, which is very good for working the midsection. you will be surpised at how much of a difference dilligent cardio training can do.