View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Aug-18-01, 09:11

Plan: Atkins, I am also reading about and exploring others
Stats: 110/105/100
BF:
Progress:

I'm glad to hear from others who are keeping their WOE a secret. I too read the Shwarzbein Principle and received a lot of support and confidence about what I am doing just from reading the book and following some of her suggestions. The one thing that is great about this WOE is that it is pretty easy to do without others noticing. For example, when I eat out and get a Cobb Salad or a piece of fish with only veggies and leave the baked potato on my plate, no one questions what I am doing or that I'm eating unhealthfully. I think it is people's perceptions of the lo-carb lifestyle that makes them think the way the do (i.e, if you're allowed to eat bacon, butter, heavy cream and steak than that must be all you're eating). I've been having a lot of fun with this eating style, have been feeling great all summer, have maintained an already slim weight effortlessly and have been able to cook foods that my whole family enjoys. (They were never interested in the grains and beans of the low fat style so I was always cooking two dinners.) I don't remember feeling this great long-term when I was eating low fat and I was also doing it perfectly (I'm like that).