View Single Post
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 08:56

Plan: Atkns/CT Weight&Wellness
Stats: 335/272.5/170 Female 5 ft 3 inches
BF:54/51/35
Progress: 38%

Wow, pretty intense discussion.

As I read, I could see everyone's point of view, and I found myself almost agreeing right along with every post.

Then I really started to think about it. Yes, TDC has a uniqueness that those with 100+ to lose may (in addition to weight problems) have associated physical limitations and health problems.

Everyone should go back and re-read the thread about what REALLY made us commit to this WOE this time... great stuff, very motivational and inspiring. Also the thread about what we want to do when we reach goal weight...

Even WITHIN TDC, and 100 + there are ranges of the severity in which the 100+ has effected us. Reading MisterE's post reminded me that while I indeed have over 100 to lose, the weight I have has not (yet) put me into a life threatening situation. Borderline diabetic, yes, but not lifethreatening.

After reading his post, I thought, I can relate to not being able to sit in a theatre/plane/sports event comfortably, and I KNOW the physcial limitations I have, but not to the degree which his weight has affected his life.

In that, I sympathize, offer support, but do not know what that feels like, and would not dare to "empathize" as if I truely know. Although it certainly makes his posts more inspiring to me.

I will also say that I do often look at a posters "stats" to see if they are similar, because someone with similar stats is having an experience closer to mine, which makes me "feel" as if their post has a little more relevancy/validity to my personal situation.

All in all, I feel inspired by reading all of our posts, successes, struggles, setbacks and (hopefully not too many) failures.

I NEED SUPPORT because no one else in my circle of friends/family is going through what I am going through, and I FIND that HERE, regarless of their size.

I do my own personal "filtering" of the information when I read posts, and that is what I think most of us do conciously or unconciously.