View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 18:41

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 183/145.0/135 Female 5'6
BF:23
Progress: 79%

Boy do I have advice for you! Oh my!

First of all, the DANDR is NOT the same as the original diet revolution. This new WOE has totally stalled me. There were never this amount of veggies in induction and the weight just melted off. I was wondering why I haven't lost over 7lbs. in almost 3 months. It's this new diet--it certainly ain't Atkins.

The original plan for 2 week induction consists of 1/2 cup of loosely packed salad veggies listed in his book. You can eat all of the meat you desire until satisfied. Water is not restricted or forced and alcohol consumption is totally delayed until you are in Ongoing Weight Loss (OWL).

This WOE has gone commercial and it really ticks me off. I have started the original plan today and am on my way back to slimness forever this time. I listened to naysayser and a nutritionist who is anti-Atkins and that's how I failed. Never again.

If you don't have the original 1972 version of Dr. Atkins' Diet Revolution, then run, don't walk to your nearest bookstore and buy it.

Stay away from the frankenfoods, they are loaded with sugar alcohols that stall, stall, stall you. All of these veggies 2 cups raw and 1 cup cooked is way to many for induction. Dr. A recommends two 1/2 cup loosely packed greens and a variety of dressings at lunch and dinner.

He made a big mistake when he went corporate. BTW, "his" book Dr. Atkins' NEW Diet Revolution was written by his staffers....NOT HIM.

I look forward to your new post and your new weight loss. Caio.