View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 16:05

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Speaking only from my own section of the low-carb page, I found that once I was maintaining, that I had less and less in common with the majority of bb members. I acted as a board mentor for a while - but time constraints eventually got the better of me and I withdrew from that role formally.

The second thing was that as a maintainer, a person often has evolved into their own LC plan, and are more likely to offer advise that isn't "by the book"; forgetting that those who are just beginning don't necessarily benefit from advice like "Don't worry, I cheated and I still lost. This isn't rocket science." It's much better that they hear from the energized "OWLs" saying things like "WHAT? OK forgive yourself and GET BACK on TRACK!"

Meanwhile - I'm still at my goal weight - my 4 year anniversary (from starting LC) is in February and I look and feel great. I eat whatever I want (NOT how MUCH I want), keeping my carbs under control and EXPECIALLY watching portion sizes.

Keeping the carbs under control has helped with things like cravings and digestive eruptions and water retention. However CALORIE control in the form of portion sizes is what has kept my weight where it is.

I don't count anything, I don't have to, it's now second nature. I continue to stay away from processsed foods, which has been easy since I never like them. I drink water not soft drinks and I don't eat the bars and other such nonsense.

I celebrate the big 45 this weekend and all is well with the world.