View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 08:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/187.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 25%

I do use olive oil for seasoning (the greek side of me, love that stuff!), I also eat fattening but low carb dressing on my salads, I use butter, I eat nuts, cheese, olives and meat. There's healthy fat in all those foods. I've read Atkins, tried the plan straight out of the book and didn't lose much because I ate too much food. I have to cut back on carbs and calories, and make sure I exercise. If I miss one day of working out, I gain weight. If I eat more then 1200 calories, I gain weight. Everyone's body chemistry works differently so it's a matter of finding what works for you. And the older one gets the slower the metabolism gets. Exercise is a must. A calorie is still a calorie and you must burn off more then you take in to lose weight. The part I like about the low carbing is that I am never hungry. That's why I can stay at 1200 calories a day. (I also discovered that bread, wheat based cereals and pasta gave me gas, so those are completely off any diet forever. I must be allergic to wheat products.)

Anyway, I'm probably just at a plateau and need to mix up my exercise routine. I was just wondering what others did to break through their plateaus. The body adjusts to exercise and you're not suppose to do the same exercises over and over. I'll mix up my bike riding with roller blading, walking and light weight workouts. That should help too. Thanks for all the advice.