View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 07:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 214/177/140 Female 5'6''
BF:35/28/23
Progress: 50%

I've never been a big fan of eggs. I can tolerate omelettes but that's about it. However, I discovered the best way to eat them is to make a fritatta.

I use four or five eggs and whatever is in the fridge - bacon, onion, smoked turkey is good for example.
Fry up chopped bacon, add onion and brown, then remove them and pour off most of the fat from the pan.
Add four or five stirred eggs to the pan, let set for a moment, then throw in the bacon, onion and whatever else you want to add. Top with a hefty amount of shredded cheese, trying to get the cheese "wet" in the egg. (I actually press it in with my hands.)
When the bottom seems to be set, run the pan under the broiler for a few minutes. The top gets nice and bubbly and brown. Let it cool a bit and you have a fritatta - a dish the Italians tend to serve at room temp, in slices like pie. It's really delish and egg haters won't know what hit them.

(obviously this isn't a real recipe, just a technique. I left out salt and pepper, herbs...etc. But you cooks can play it by ear)