View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 07:30

Plan: My Own/Atkins
Stats: 500/364/225 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 49%
Angry Jerk Coach Gave My Kid Bad Advice:-(

I'm steaming mad at my kids football coach. Kris came home from practice last night and told me to make "lots of pasta" for him on Friday night for supper and lots of carbs for breakfast because they have a game on Saturday.
I told Kris that the carbs would only spike his energy and then plummet within a few hours. I told him to have a big helping of lean protein (thought the fat would upset his stomach) and vegtables instead because the protein would be better for him and would give him sustained energy. I suggested a few eggs a a peice of ham for breakfast etc.
He answers me that "coach said that wouldn't be good for me" and he totally refuses to listen to me because "coach" knows ALL.
I can't really talk to the coach about it because I don't want Kris to be singled out or treated differently because the coach gets mad at me and I don't think the argument is worth it because I would never change his point of view on carbs but does anyone know any sites on the net I can get a pro protein/exercise article I can print up for Kris? He is 13 and all of a sudden I know absolutly nothing.

Nibby
Sponsored Links