View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 23:22
Midas in reverse

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/231/165 Male 75 inches
BF:~31%/~26%/<17%
Progress: 31%

This suggestion may not work in LA (used to drive truck there--BLEECH--I'd rather make deliveries in NYC!), but it works here in SoU--Get a PO Box, optimistically within walking distance, and have your mail delivered there instead of your house. I live about 5/8mile from one--I usually make the hike at least every other day. Also am about 1 mile from the nearest WalMart--easily within biking distance, including a couple of moderately steep hills. Since I installed a rack on the back, it works for small stuff.

I think 197 by Halloween is doable. Thanks for the incentive to get back on track. Unlike most of you, I liked being married! The fact that I'm male might have something to do with it. Moving my ex-wife and beloved kids to Oregon has put me into a month-long "Funk", which I am just now getting over, college homework and Atkins have suffered immensely. Went from a low of 215.5 to 228. Back down to 221.5, as of today.

Hi Gypsy (what a cool handle). What's got you afrighted? Committing to losing 20 lbs on a website? Or admitting your present weight (you already did that in the stats). Nobody's going to trash you if you don't make it--chances are they won't, quite, make their goals either. But if you do.....WOW. What a power trip! If you can conquer your weight, and you can, then you can do something that the vast majority of Americans CAN'T. What else can you do that they can't (or won't)??