Thread: Canker sores
View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 11:14

Plan: .
Stats: 204/202/185 Male 72
BF:
Progress:

I have recurring sores. So painful, I take the odd oxy-codone(oxycet, oxycontin) to help me sleep. Supposedly B12 and folic acid supplements will help prevent this.

Most importantly, I have discovered an abundance of information on an additive in toothpaste that aggravates and prolonges the sores. It's known as SLS, or sodium laurel sulfate, a foaming agent. It seems that modern soaps do not need to foam up, in order to work. (think dishwasher or laundry soap) and that marketing ppl know that consumers have been conditioned to believe that if it doesn't foam up - it doesn't clean. Hence the addition of useless foaming agents into many of our consumables and cleaning products.

I had been using a mouthrinse called Biotene , to help with my sores, it's antibacterial enzymes stimulate your salivary glands, so it helps with dry mouth. After a recent bout with sores - I found that they are marketing a toothpaste sans SLS, and I have to say it works great.

Normally, brushing my teeth in the presense of sores was *absolutely excruciating,* Now its painless, and the sores seem to clear up in a couple days.

There are many non-SLS products out there, give one a try.

Sorry for the long post, but I've been SUFFERING for years until I found this, so good luck, I know your pain. Some links at the end of the page for you.

jupiter

Biotene
SLS , Toothpast and Canker sores
Googled - SLS + CANKER