View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 11:10
ArtificiallyFlavored

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/252/200 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

I definately need to get myself back into the excercise thing. I have slacked for well over a month. I really want to get to the gym at least 2-3 times a week and to start using some of these excercise videos I've got laying around.

I also need to make an effort to keep closer tabs on my carb intake, most of the time I just wing it. And I think somedays I'm way off the mark by doing that.

Even though I've got the kiddo here, I am used to cooking for one. At least half of the time she either won't eat what I'm having or she wants something I can't have. I would worry if all she wanted was junk, but she actually isn't a big junk food eater (although I've got to talk to her dad and aunts about not letting her have too much while she is with them, before she gets hooked on junk.)

One of the things I've learned to do when cooking is to fix something that I can take the leftovers and make a quick second meal out of. We had chicken the other night with some seasonings and a little tomato sauce poured over it before I baked it. I put the leftover chicken in the fridge and sliced it thin the next day, layered it and some pepperjack cheese with a little taco sauce between two low carb tortillas, heated in a skillet turnning occasionally and the kiddo and I had chicken quesidillas that we dipped in sour cream. It was good and really quick. I always fix a little extra meat when I cook so I have leftovers to do stuff like that with.