Thread: I am a cheater!
View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 21:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/170.5/145 Female 63in
BF:39%/34.7%/24%
Progress: 36%

16-20gr depending on the size of the potato and the carrots. that wasn't as bad as it could have been! don't beat yourself up too much!

you didn't hog back the entire potato. you didn't have a box of cookies or half the container of ice cream. i wouldn't worry about it. they were good, wholesome food choices, ones that you will be allowed to eat again when you have reached your goal weight.

i had a similar experience the other day. i was feeding my kids brown rice with olive oil and sea salt and OMG it smelled heavenly. i started kind of quivering with lust for it as i spooned it into their mouths and knew that if i didn't take control of the situation soon i would be haplessly spooning cupsful of it into my gullet with abandon. so i carefully measured out 1/4c. and looked up the net carb count. 10 net carbs. and i joyfully, slowly, decadently enjoyed all 10 tiny tasty bites. and was fine the next day.

don't let it be a cheat. the guilt will only drive you to do it again. just take control of it, or it will take control of you. better you have a good idea of how much you have consumed than devour rapidly in secret with only the bitter guilt left in your mouth for the high cost of all those carbs.

if you're going to "cheat" do it on purpose, do it with passion, and make it worth your while. then STOP!