#9   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 18:48
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Hi Nitro Vixen

Oh you sound a lot like me in the way you used to eat, I've always been thin, even underweight till the last year (quitting smoking and age) I went for years on Atkins or Stillman when they first came out - 5 days a week virtually no carb and then partying on weekends, after that it was low fat, low cal, and I suppose it was a control thing because I actually never felt hungry - at times I would go for over 48 hours without eating and never felt a hunger pang.

I totally understand what you mean about not feeling attractive - if you've got 20lbs more than when those photo's were taken then you're definitely not fat - but I know how you will feel you are. It dosen't help that your acting and modelling require a specific body type. When I first gained weight (it was a rapid weight gain when I quit smoking - about 20lbs over 3 weeks ) I couldn't bear to look at myself in the mirror, I would shower in the dark!!! because I just couldn't handle seeing my naked body. I don't tell a lot of people that because it seems so ridiculous, but somehow I think you would understand that feeling.

Regarding the All Bran - yes it does have sugar but it's just a tinch and Allbran is quite low on the GI - I really think that the benefits of the bran far outweigh the tiny bit of sugar that's in it - but of course it's a totally individual decision - I don't have a sugar addiction or any sensitivities so it's not a trigger for me.

I realize you must be very busy, with your day job and the acting but could you spare an hour or so a week to make your own turkey patties (you could buy ground turkey or chicken) and freeze them in individual portions.

Quote:
I have no time to make everything from scratch. and I can't find bread without honey or sugar. I chose honey. Bread needs to feed on sugar/honey, so wouldn't a little bit be ok?

If you're following SPII then honey would be the best choice - she does list some ready made products in the book and some of them are breads, crispbread type things - Even though honey or sugar is listed in the ingredients again I think you have to look at the bigger picture. I used to make my own bread and in a recipe containing about 13 cups of flour there was 1 tablespoon of sweetner (sugar, mollases or honey) it's needed in most bread recipes to help in the chemical reaction - so really by the time you break it down -how much of that sweeting agent would be in one serving of the bread. Like the all bran - sugar is the second ingredient (ingredients are listed in order of the quantity) - BUT there are only two ingredients in it (except some added vitamins) .

Quote:
know I'm supposed to be eating only whole, no-additive foods

Remember now what the good Dr. says - baby steps - there was a lady here with a good quote that I'm sure I don't remember exactly but it was something like - 90% 100% of the time is better that 100% 10% of the time.

I really hope your body settles down soon, and you can be more comfortable with this balanced eating. I was terrified of gaining more weight on the plan (which is why I'm not being a good Beiner right now ) but when I was on in quite strictly I didn't gain anything which is really saying something, I gained on Atkins when I started back in January. Remember to that she says some of the weight gain could be attributed to bones and inner organs rebuilding. I suppose there could be a bit of a rebound too, depending on how long ago and how long a time you were staying at extremely low caloric intake, it might take your body a while to realize it's being fed on a regular basis and has no need to hang on to every ounce (says she of the sardine and egg diet )

Please hang in - your acting might need a slim body but it also needs your beautiful face and it takes proper nutrition to keep it beautiful.