View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 15:29

Plan: Insulin Resistant Diet
Stats: 314/301/150 Female 5'7"
BF:off the charts
Progress:

Hello,

I am new to this board but have a condition called Hidradenitis Suppurativa. That is a "boil like" condition in my armpits and in my groin. I have even had to have my left armpit removed, and have lost part of my breast due to this condition. I am also Insulin Resistant ( recently diagnosed) and had followed my own theory on hormones being the factor in HS. I am actually on SSD for this condidtion. I know of a MANY people that have this condition in various stages and no, most of them are not stage 3 like me. What I want to say is that I know of some in my HS club on Yahoo ( some 1500 plus strong) who are doing lo carbing and having some decent effect on the HS as the lo carbing seems to help get the hormones ( ie; insulin etc) back in order and reduce the amount of lesions or boils. When I saw this thread, I had to respond as many of you who have skin problems such as this may actually not know what you have as it is very common to go undiagnosed or misdiagnosed as sebaceous cysts, folliculitis ( ingrown hairs) boils, carbunkles, etc etc. IF any of you have any questions about this disorder that there is presently no known cause or cure. Let me know. Also, it is important to know that many who have this are told they are not clean, are too fat etc etc etc. I absolutely know of many who have this who are not fat and can personally say that I have never met an HS person who is anything short of miraculously clean..... lol. I am sure you all get my point. Anyway after reading some of the post on boils and seeing the areas they are in, I just wanted to give you all a probably name for what it is. Again, any questions on this I would be more then glad to answer.

Tammie
tferris~citlink.net