#7   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 15:25

Plan: BFL
Stats: 151/142/? Female 5'9
BF:35%/23%/15%
Progress: 5%
Default sorry so long!

Hi Koko!

Thank you for the compliment! Of course, I am looking a whole lot less like that picture and more like old chubby pictures. My self esteem has gone way down and I don't feel very attractive anymore, but my body feels "healthier." I've never been too good at eating right, I hardly ate at all in school and even college (college days = bread and top ramen) and literally no fruits or vegetables. Then when I quit smoking I got some kind of insatiable need to eat, and keep eating (oral fixation I guess). I started low carbing and like some of you have mentioned, I never felt full. I did, and still do, eat more than my husband (he's taller but skinny as a bean pole). It seems like I have this nagging fear that I will get terribly hungry somewhere (perhaps at work) and not have food to quiet the pangs. Like a starving person who hoards food...

it seems I eat whenever I feel the slightest pang of hunger.
I'm pretty good about keeping it to the prescribed meals and snacks now. Also I douse everything in fat because when I tried Somersizing I ate a FULL meal of carbs (with no fat or protein), and 1.5 hours before lunch I thought I was going to be sick. I felt nauseated, chills, clammy, extremely shaky, and hungry enough to eat a whole cow! It reminded me why I don't eat carbs, especially with no fat. Ever since then I've felt the need to douse everything in oil and butter/fat to make sure it doesn't happen again! Maybe it's all a psychological problem.

Doesn't "All Bran" cereal have sugar?

I'm going to try to put this practice into being: "eat like a king at breakfast, a queen at lunch, and a pauper at dinner" and try to eat a few less carbs with dinner. I've been tring to eat less fat of all kinds, especially saturated.

I also have to admit that I finally cleared out my cupboards of all low carb sweets. I've got 3 shopping bags full of A.S. sweetener, candies, muffin mixes, a dozen bottles of DaVinci syrup, etc. I'm saving them all for my mom (my dad will pick them up in a month for her) but they've been here in front of my face. I divulged in a few naughty sugar-free things. (But my weight gain happened before then) I'm really going to get on the ball now and quit nibbling here and there.
oh, also I've been finishing off stuff I ate as a low carber that are a little taboo on SP. The amounts of sugar/fructose/corn syrup are so minuscule that the carb count is very low. Should I avoid it all? Hot wings (little sugar), turkey patties (little dextrose) french fries (gasp.. hydrogenation)
At what point do I need to draw the line between convenience and good health? (I love the turkey patties, they seem healthier than beef patties. But they have that bit of dextrose.) I know I'm supposed to be eating only whole, no-additive foods but sometimes I have no time to make everything from scratch. and I can't find bread without honey or sugar. I chose honey. Bread needs to feed on sugar/honey, so wouldn't a little bit be ok? The yeast eats it.

Thanks for all your suggestions, everybody. It's been so helpful!