View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 10:52
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I think for the first two weeks of induction it is important to stick to the allowed food list. Losing control of yourself, shoving somethingin fast, then feeling guilt after qualifies as a cheat.

After induction you start reintroducing foods. At this stage I don't think there are cheats, just good choices and bad choices. Not only in number of carbs, but the quality. Eatins something full of sugar only won't give you the same nutrients as a ton of veggies, fruits, fresh dairy and so on. If you feel bad after a food choice, then you know not to do it again. Continually making bad food choices and sabatoging yourself may be a sign of a larger problem and is a symptom more then a cheat.

I think that's how it is on any diet. If you follow WW you can choose to blow all your points on a dessert, or you can have a ton of veggies and fruit without reaching your point limit. On Atkins you can have a high carb treat, or you can have a ton of moderate carb food and still stay with in your carb tolerence level.

The closer you are to goal and moving through the stages, the more good choices you have. A cookie or fudge may never be a good choice, but a small bite once in a blue moon isn't bad. Adding whole grains may of been a bad choice in early OWL as it slowes weight loss, but on maintanance they can be enjoyed in moderation.