#2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 08:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 277/223/180 Male 71
BF:
Progress: 56%

"These are people unable to control their weight through diet and exercise."

Ahh, but was that due to the built-in difficulties of low-fat dieting, or did those people try low carbing?

While there may be extreme metabolic, etc. medical conditions some poor souls suffer from making even low carbing ineffective, I still think that if even just a tiny fraction of some of that "cure all" medical budget was instead spent on long term studies proving the benefits of low carbing, it would help address a significant portion of the obese population, making it less necessary to risk / resort to extreme medical practices, IMO. To that end, please see the new thread I'm going to create which I will call "Doctors Meeting To Discuss How Atkins Diet Can Help Metabolic Syndrome"

One primary benefit of their experimental potions was potential appetite suppressants... HELLO? Rather than having to start from scratch, if they'd swallow 'nuff of their pride to admit a natural, non-drug appetite suppressant has been written about for over three decades (low carbing) they could produce the desired results NOW.