View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 22:17

Plan: South/Atkins/Ornish/etc.
Stats: 275/260/190 Male 5'10"
BF:lbs&in. first, ok?
Progress: 18%

Chang's is a treat!

I love to experiment with sauce combinations. My kids just get house sauce, or soy sauce with extra garlic, but I'm the one in there holding up the line as I add a dab of lime, or a splash of sesame oil, trying for just the right combination of aromas.

I've found that the combination of bean sprouts and celery shreds more than make up for not filling a bowl with the house noodles.

Be LC-wary when browsing the choices, though. A lot of Mongolian grills have a very sweetened house sauce, and some of them will sprinkle sweetened water over your selection as it's cooking down. All-in-all, it's very possible to eat completely LC at these places, but pay attention to what's going in your bowl!

(Another word of caution--a lot of Mongolian grills are adding Chinese buffets to their offerings. It's hard to know just by sight which sauces are cornstarch-heavy or what meats have been dredged or breaded when they're covered in thick sauce. If you just can't pass by that scent of General Tso's, take just one piece on your plate for the flavor rather than fall off your plan!