View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 17:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 167.5/122/115 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

Well many wiser than I have responded already, but I still have to add my 2 cents

I've been tracking my body fat % since almost the beginning, and in the past year I've lost 52 lb, all but 8 of which were fat. If my induction losses (7 lb) were mostly water, then that means I've only lost a couple of pounds of lean muscle. The muscle wasting on a low cal, low fat diet is typically a much higher percentage.

That guy is also completely wrong about never being able to integrate carbs into your diet again. It's true that you can't eat donuts and pizza and french fries at every meal, but jeez, point me to a program where you could do that and not gain weight! For the past couple of months I have been eating a moderate amount of some high carb item (whole grain bread, fruit, granola) several times a week, without any weight gain. Just now I've stepped up the exercise and have increased my carbs even higher, and I'm losing again.

So don't worry, you are not wasting your muscles and you are not going to be trapped in an ultra-low carb plan for the rest of your life. LC just isn't like that!

Sarah