View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 15:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins + D'Adamo for blood type
Stats: 210/200/165 Female inches: 5'5
BF:
Progress: 22%

Thanks for the responses. RoseTattoo's idea for using a veggie instead of rice in the meatballs is a good one. I'll have to ponder on which veggie to try.

The sauce is another problem altogether. Maybe a base of V8 with ThickenThin to make it thicker and Sucralose for sweetening and lemon for souring. I bought some Atkins sauces, but they are used so sparingly that I wouldn't be able to stew anything in them.

I could just make a beef stew, something my family loves, but it isn't very traditional. Rosh Hashana encourages round food, round challah, round meatballs, not sure why. I'll provide apples dipped in honey for my family, but I won't eat it unless I dump the diet for that night (I'm thinking about it).

Thanks, etoiles, for the link. I'll check it out. As far as kugel, I know the traditional potato or noodle ones are things of the past, but I've eaten some interesting kugels made from zuccini or other squash. I wonder if spaghetti squash would work?

It might even be low carb with all the eggs in it. Atkins Bake Mix ought to be able to replace a bit of flour for body. Seasoning would be up to you, I don't think veggies would take kindly to the sweet cinnamon kind, but the salt and pepper variety could be copied. Hmm, I just thought of something, what about pumpkin, with the sweetening and cinnamon, made like a kugel? Kugel, when translated, means pudding. Might be really good.

I hope more ideas and recipes will come along. So far, you've got my brain going at least. Thanks.

ILM