View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 14:31

Plan: Restarted LC 8/23/06
Stats: 254/208/175 Female 5'8"
BF: Moo
Progress: 58%
Default Oof. No Wonder I'm Sore...

I did my first upper body w/o yesterday and thinking I was Ms. Macha b/c I'd already been lifting some, here's what I did:

Dumbell Bench Press
12 reps - 20 lbs (each arm)
10 reps - 25
8 reps - 30
6 reps- 35
High point:
12 reps- 30
12 reps - 20 (Flyes)

It went on like that with the rest of the w/o and by the end I was wiped out...I took "pushing" myself a bit too seriously I think. By the end I hit total failure on biceps around rep 4 on the standing barbell curl to finish the hight point. Ouchies. MORE glutamine! Hopefully I will be recovered enough to do UBWO again on Thursday.

That's my one complaint with the BFL book. He doesn't give samples for BEGINNERS. I would have loved to have something that said, women should begin with X and see how the first WOs go. With weights, I don't really have a concept of level 5 vs. 7 yet. I'll get there.

Live and learn...but for any womenfolk out there starting, I don't think the above sample weights would be recommended, even if you are already working out. The super sets are very challenging and I've now learned to start lighter. It just feels weird to me to use such light weights in the beginning of the set.

I think once I get the hang of this, I'll start posting my workouts so people can follow. Nat has done a GREAT job with posting her stuff and it's very inspiring.

Rock on, folks,
soregoat
Sponsored Links