View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 13:11

Plan: Atkins-esque
Stats: 200/158/150 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

You really have to go with what works for you on a weekly/monthly basis, not just "what the book says".

I agree with your stance on the standard multi-vitamin aspects. They're good for anyone anytime, for the most part. As for me, I take Flaxseed oil gels, calcium/magnesium with a zinc chaser and potassium (99 mg, plus what's in the multi-pill).

My reason for the calc/mag and zinc are due to the water loss -- drinking so much water and flushing fat constantly runs those minerals right out of a person's system. The potassium is a similar thing, but I take the little bit extra to get rid of the sinking feeling I had in the center of my chest. It wasn't necessarily heart-related and I had no palpitations, but we have a family history of potassium loss due to changes in health conditions and I don't want to go that route. Black-outs are probably no fun.

I say go the low-dose route and see how you feel. Do some research on what does what and add here and there as you see fit. And, don't buy Atkins -- other manufacturers offer similar products for less, and your local drug store has store brands that are much cheaper.

Good luck!

---Amy