Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 12:04
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/160/160 Male 68 inches
BF:?%/15%/10%
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrushka
There's nothing more frustrating than doing what everyone says "works" and is "right" and have it not work for you.

-N

Oh, you struck a nerve with that statement. My SO, has been having such a hard time. She tried low-fat/calorie diet and ended up gaining weight. We started Atkin's together and I lost and she has gained. I can't see that she is doing anything "wrong". She exercises regularly too.

It has been soooo frustrating for her.

When she started Atkin's she had a thyroid problem, but after about two years of therapy her doctor tells her her thyroid is normal now and she is still gaining weight.

She plans to start over again and go back on induction. Although she never strayed far from induction.

It all worries me and makes her unhappy and a little depressed (That worries me more than any weight gain, I hate to see her unhappy). It has been so hard on her. I'd like to suggest to her that she try BFL, but I've stopped making suggestions to her because it's over my knowledge level, I just try to be supportive of what ever direction she takes.

Sorry for spewing all this out. It's just been on mind mind a lot.

Arnie