View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 06:15

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I'm sure you'll get all kinds of answers to this, 94513, and all I can offer is my own personal experience.

I take a multi, a B complex, Vits E&C, ALA, Cal/Mag for general health purposes. I also take and Green tea, EFAs and an ECA stack (from time to time) to help boost fat burning. To help with thyroid and to boost HDL I take Guggullipids and non-flushing Niacin. I use potassium salt instead of table salt to get that in as well.

In the two years that I've been doing this I have gone from having a cold every 2 or 3 months to having one a year. I haven't had the flu, and I used to get that every year. I don't have panic attacks anymore. I dont have headaches or a sore back (my back would go out at least 2x a year). What's impressed me the most is my ability to heal, though. I have old scars from little cuts that just never healed well in the past. This summer I sliced my palm open pitting an avocado and by the next day it had healed to the point that I didn't need a bandage (and we are talking fleshy part of the palm, deep sharp knife and a lot of blood). Oh, and no scar. I heal so fast now that when I went in to find out if I could have laser eye surgery I was told to stop taking my supplements and to quit the protein powder - fast healing with this type of surger is a bad thing!

I've also run out on occasion of a few of my 'core' supplements (cal/mag, b-complex, c&E) and I've noticed a difference, primarily with the cal/mag. The night cramps returned immediately.

IMHO, those big 3 - potassium, calcium/magnesium, and the multi are necessary- particularly to LCers.

Nat