View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-03, 21:56

Plan: Primal/Paleo
Stats: 255/241/145 Female 5 feet 9 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi guys..I'm a stay at home mommie to my 7 month old Jakob. He's my first baby.
I first started Atkins last year before I got pregnant. I was the heaviest I'd ever been at 210 and in April of last year I started induction. In the first week I lost 12 lbs! By middle of May I was down to 193, but stalled. I was doing really well following the diet and the weight just didn't budge. Then I started gaining slowly. Beginning of June I found out I was pregnant! Well, I went off the diet while pregnant. I should have at least stayed low carb, by the 6 month I was borderline gestational diabetes. The Diabetic diet they put me on didn't feel right at all, way too many carbs! I followed Atkins maintenance and the sugar was back to normal. I got up to 232lbs, and was down to 217lbs the day he was born (February). I went down to 205 but then started gaining again...it didn't surprise me too much as I wasn't exercising or watching what I ate. Well finally in August I said, "Enough!"
In August I was losing two pounds a week...I've lost 8lbs so far on Atkins maintenance (no ketosis since I'm breastfeeding). This month I haven't lost anything yet, I guess I'm having a stall. I think there are a few factors as to why: 1) I hurt my back on Labor day weekend so I haven't been doing walks or pilates 2) I've been eating Advantage bars almost every day this week 3) Eating a little too many carbs...I've heard that as a breastfeeding mom I should keep the carbs between 50-100 grams a day. I've been up there near a hundred a lot, so maybe I just need to bring it down closer to 50 for a while.
My back is much better now, so starting tomorrow: do pilates 20 min a day 5 days a week (even if I get interrupted, make sure I finish the work out when I can). Don't eat any Advantage bars, and keep my carbs in a 50-75 grams a day range. We'll see what happens within a weeks time. You'll see in my sig line my goals...I've got 53 more pounds to lose and I sure could use the support. Paradox, I'm keeping track on Fitday.com also...it really does help me.