View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-03, 20:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

LC Breads/Pastas I've tried --

Atkins White Bread Mix: Too Bland (3g/serving)

Carbolite Bread Mix: YUK !!! (3g/serving)

Nature's Own Wheat 'N Fiber: Great...I use it for Croutons and Toast. (5g/serving)

Darielle Fusilli Pasta: Great...I use it mainly in small amounts (1/3-2/3 serving) in soups and as a side, due to the carb count (10g/serving)

Carbsense Garlic & Herb Pizza Crust Mix: OK...You probably won't be able to get 2-12" pizza crusts out of it like they claim. I got 2-8 to 10" Thin Crust Pizza Crusts out of mine. But, it tastes good. A word of caution: They load it with so much Garlic, you can smell it from across the room. (3g/serving*)

*They list 12 servings/box...which based on their claims should be 1/6 of a 12" Pizza. In reality, you will probably get 2-8 to 10" thin crust pizzas out of the mix. 1/6 of a 10" thin crust pizza should yield the same number of carbs stated on the box. If you make 1 larger pizza (12-14") and cut it into 12 slices, you should get the same carb count as listed on the box.

I'm still waiting for my local Health Food Store to get some LC Tortillas in. I plan to try the Keto Spaghetti, CarbSense ZERO Carb Bake Mix, MiniCarb Biscuit Mix, and MiniCarb Chocolate Cake Mix as soon as I can. The Keto Spaghetti is in stock, but I need to find out how to convert the convuluted serving sizes [Dry Milk Powder is measured in "heaping scoops," whatever that is...and their Spaghetti is listed as 1.3 oz, which is useless you have a food scale, which I don't.] into something I can actually measure [i.e. cups, tablespoons, teaspoons, and so forth.]