#6   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-03, 16:44
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Hello NitroVixen

I checked out your pics and have to agree with Wanda you're one gorgeous chicky.

I also agree with Wanda about the fat - I'm another one who was always hungry on Atkins and no matter how much fat I ate never felt satisfied - I do much better on a plan with more grains and fibre.

I can't really suggest anything Wandy hasn't - I've kind of strayed from SPII at the moment - wanting a quicker weight loss. When I do follow SPII I really limit my fats and break a few rules by using some fat free and reduced fat products - old habits die hard. I have to say in my own experience I have to limit my calories no matter what the experts say. Have you tried making sure that most of your carbs are really high in fibre? I am a fan of the F-Plan diet which advises 40 grams of fibre a day ( this is pretty hard to reach on a controlled carb plan ) but even fibre over 20 grams a day makes a difference. I use a bran bread which has 13 carbs and 4 grams of fibre for 2 slices (admittedly the slices are small) and at times all bran cereal, and a lot of soups with beans and other veggies. I avoid nuts because of the fat - although I know a few would be alright the question is could I stop at a few!!!

Quote:
My lunches are usually good sized but I get really hungry at work for some reason, even though I'm just sitting at a computer

Is your mind occupied enough while at work - I find I get "fake hunger" if I'm bored and I really have to stop and recognize it - tell myself that I've had enough to eat and there is no reason for me to be hungry and try to overcome the little that is trying to make me eat.

You might be on to something when you wonder if your meals are too large - here is another funny thing - I can eat a frozen diet dinner and feel quite full - but make myself a plate of homemade food that is about twice the size and I might still feel unsatisfied - this made me realize I really have to work on portion control.

Well, I haven't given you much help - but I will say you are far from being fat - though I realize how for your modelling/acting you've got to be totally in control of it - I'm glad you are looking for healthy options rather than neglecting your nutrition.