Old Sun, Sep-07-03, 14:44
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by muweek
..... However, I still can't get any bread recipe to come anywhere close to the comments people make on the recipe to get you to try it. They never rise more than 6 inches so I dont know how they can get 15 slices out of it. I have tried 5 different kinds and am ready to give up. We don't really miss the bread but once in a while it would be nice to have. What am I doing wrong?

hi there,

I dug around, and found an old thread from early 2001 .. when Kay posted her "Final Bread" recipe. The original recipe was for a bread machine, but Kay found that she could only use the machine for mixing and rising. She had to take the loaf out and finish baking in the oven. The results were excellent.

Now, before I give you the link ... if you scroll down a bit past Kay's post, you'll see a long note from Sharon, who gives detailed step-by-step instructions for making the bread by hand, for those who don't have a machine. She also included some photos of the bread at all stages, and you can clearly see that if you follow her instructions, you will have a nice, high loaf that slices beautifully.

Here's the photo .. Final Bread.

And here's the link to the discussion. Remember to scroll down to see Sharon's post.

Hope this inspires you to try it!!

Doreen