Thread: Could it be...
View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 15:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/143/125 Female 5-6
BF:got/luv/handles
Progress: 49%

Im sure you will lose weight faster on this diet then any other. There are other low carb diets you might want to check out, but if you understand how our bodies work, you will know that this the most effective way. You can cut out fat and calories, but what you are left with is high carbs foods, which may actually make you gain weight. You need to fully committ to this WOL, otherwise it simply wont work. There are no miracle diets that will make you lose weight as fast as you want. Im suspecting you might not be doing it correctly, I know assumptions are bad, but Im getting that vibe. I fell off the wagon for the my birthday, I packed on 3lbs, and I havent lost any weight since. I deffinatly learned my lesson, but Im not blaming the diet for failing me, I failed myself. You will get out of this what you put into it. If you feel that you have given it 100% and you are still not happy, then maybe it truly isnt the right diet for you. This diet is very hard, especially in western cultures. There are so many factors that can contribute to why you arent losing weight. Are you cheating, not drinking enough water, not eating enough fat, are there hidden carbs? If you are truly metabolically resistant, then other diets wont work any better. I dont think you should give up quite yet. I personally think that the fat fast is a great way to jump start your metabolism, maybe you should check that out. The grass isnt always greener on the other side, and you may find yourself alot less happy after you abanden LC eating.